Michael W. Morrison, DDS, MSD
Whenever anyone asks, I can honestly say that I just love what I do. As an orthodontist, I get to change smiles and provide my patients with an opportunity to create a smile they are happy with. I love the excitement when they are getting ready for braces. As treatment progresses, it is great to see my patients start to smile more and more as they see a change in their smile and their confidence growing. There is a great kid behind every smile.
I am so lucky to have such a great team to work with each day. I love that we all love to laugh and enjoy the work we do. I absolutely could not do what I do without them; they all work hard to make each and every patient feel welcome and important. We truly believe that each person is significant and that they deserve the time and attention necessary for a successful smile. We try to make every patient feel comfortable in the office and help them to understand that they don’t need to be nervous. Having braces is fun!
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Biology – University of Utah
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – Creighton University School of Dentistry
- General Practice Residency – University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Oral Surgery Internship – University of Pittsburgh School of Dentistry
- Master of Science Degree and Certificate in Orthodontics – Indiana University School of Dentistry
I love many different types of continuing education. I try to have a strong knowledge of our profession, not just as an orthodontist, but in dentistry overall. It’s such an evolving field, so it’s great to see the great improvements we are making in our profession.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Nebraska Dental Society
- Nebraska Society of Orthodontics
- Omaha District Dental Society
- Omaha Study Club
Outside the Office
I am originally from Salt Lake City, Utah. I am married to my beautiful wife, Nichole, and we have six children, Hannah, Gracie, Joshua, Sophia, William, and Josie. Most of our time is spent with our six children and being together as a family.
When I’m not at work, I love to be with my family either playing games, camping, boating, skiing, motorcycling, watching a good movie, or just hanging out with each other. I love to snow ski, water ski, run, bike, motorbike, play racquetball, and swim. I also enjoy reading a good book, if I get a chance. Most of all, I am passionate about my family.